Mrs. Alvarado joined us today after lunch for a little party to celebrate the new addition to her family, baby Canyon. The Mackarados were so excited to see her! They would have spent the whole rest of the day filling her in on every happening over the past two weeks (lost teeth, new babies in their families, which table had the most pennies, etc.)... but there were cupcakes and yummy treats to get to! The students loved watching Mrs. Alvarado open our class gift to her, which was the latest Mem Fox book that just happened to be about babies that each student signed, and other gifts from students. But I think Mrs. Alvarado's favorite part was playing Name That Mackarado Baby! Every student sent in a baby picture of themself and Mrs. Alvarado had to see if she could pick out each Mackarado! Everyone enjoyed seeing all the adorable baby pictures! Miss Sanchez and I even threw our own pictures in to see if we could fool her- but she got everyone right! Then students, parents and teachers enjoyed the yummy cupcakes, cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries and punch while Mrs. Alvarado made the rounds to give hugs. It was such a great way to celebrate the new baby and celebrate how much we love Mrs. Alvarado! :)
#30facesofautism 2021 - Day 1
5 years ago

2 comments:
Are you sure you just had a baby Mrs. Alvarado? You sure so look GREAT! I hate I didn't get to see you today - the party sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to meet the new precious one!
Wow! Sounds like you guys had fun. I know everyone must miss Mrs. Alvarado - it was so nice of you all to throw her a party to celebrate her baby boy.
Post a Comment